Pages

Monday, November 9, 2009

Monday ain't so blue

The Cure - Friday I'm In Love

Sure, when Friday hits, I'm quite smitten too, but Mondays aren't so bad.

I feel well-rested from the weekend (I get to sleep in on Sundays), I am ready to be productive (after spending many a lazy Sunday hungover), and I generally feel like I'm starting afresh.

Forget New Year's, every Monday I make a resolution. Nothing too monumental, just little items such as the following:
  1. Drink more water- down an extra glass in the morning and never leave my water bottle empty at work
  2. Write a poem- or at least start one/do some stream of consciousness writing
  3. Dust off an old item of clothing or an accessory I've barely worn and make it work- if not, give it away/donate it to a clothing drive
  4. Compliment a stranger/hold the door open
  5. Email/prank call family members (ok, this one's a given)
  6. Discover new music (yeah, this one's a given too)
  7. Find a song lyric that will inspire me throughout the week (I will start posting these every Monday, beginning next week)
  8. Spot something beautiful/mysterious/intriguing and take a picture of it (I might post these once in a while as well)

Yeah, I still think Fridays are 'the bomb,' but I ain't singin' the Monday blues.

Happy Blue New Monday everyone!

How will you celebrate?

No comments: