Pages

Monday, May 17, 2010

Muse-ic Mondays: Issue 19

It's a runner's world. 

The sun is shining, the flowers are blooming and the mp3 player is packed with great tunes to pound the pavement with.

Which songs will find themselves in heavy rotation this year? 

In the category of "Music To Run To," last summer's personal chart-toppers included Girl Talk's Night Ripper; an assortment of soundtrack samplings from Grease, Rent, Dirty Dancing and Chicago; and one mildly eccentric classic rock playlist that included Canadian favourites such as Kim Mitchell's "Go For a Soda" and April Wine's "Oowatanite."

No shame here.

Some summer songs don't require the sight of shirtless men or the influence of four Long Island iced teas to get my toes tapping. Sometimes I read Pitchfork and sometimes I listen to commercial radio. So be it.

In other words, I'm kinda digging Justin Bieber's "Baby."

There, I said it. Moving on.

One song that I've been huffing and puffing graciously gliding along to is "Summertime Clothes" by Animal Collective. Aside from the obvious title of the tune, it has some great summer-themed lyrics that are lush with imagery. I love the story that the song tells of walking around town on a hot, sleepless night with a significant other (or perhaps a summer flame). As for the music video itself, it simply reminds me of bloodshot eyeballs. Go figure.



Might as well go for a soda.

1 comment:

jane said...

oooohhhh too bad you didn't have a link to beiber's baby. by the way, i'm digging drake....