Pages

Monday, February 1, 2010

Muse-ic Mondays: Issue 11

It isn't very often that I make mix CDs anymore, much less receive them. So it was much to my surprise that one arrived in the mail for me a few weeks ago from my lovely sister, Anne. The occasion? My birthday.

Yep, another year older. Another three candles left burning on the cake for those three boyfriends that never quite arrive; another four seasons of triumphs, tears, and drunken debauchery; and another 52 weeks filled with endless surprises.

It hasn't quite hit me yet, although sometimes I think I'm in denial about my age. But once in a while, I'll look through old pictures, read old letters, or just put on a mix CD and feel content about where I'm at today.

Here's a song from a mix CD that I received right around this time last year:

They want you to sink
But you stood up and swam

Around this time last year, listening to the above tune made me feel quite glum for various personal reasons. But as I listen to it today, I can channel Dr. Seuss' words of wisdom and think to myself, "Don't cry because it's over. Smile because it happened."

I won't go into further detail, but I will say this: In any way, shape, or form, pass music on. You never know who's still listening to that mix CD you made a year ago (and who's still smiling because of it). Music, like happiness, is only real when shared.

That is all. 

No comments: