Pages

Sunday, July 11, 2010

Movie Mondays?

Comic by Toothpaste for Dinner

One of my countless international superfans (a.k.a. my sister's friend in Japan) has requested that I write more movie reviews on my blog.

Unfortunately, I have not seen any new movies as of late, nor are there any films currently in theatres that particularly tickle my fancy.

Any suggestions?

The most recent film I saw was Sex and the City 2. For what it's worth, here's my 5-second movie review:
"It wasn't the best I ever had, but I don't regret it. Cheap thrills."
 Moving on.

The remainder of this blog post was inspired by chocolate chip cookie dough ice cream, proving that gluttony can be productive:

Staring at the quickly-melting gallon scoop of ice cream in my bowl one hot summer's night, I noticed two horrified chocolate chip eyes and one gaping cookie dough mouth staring right back at me.  

What is my ice cream trying to tell me?, I thought to myself. What is it trying to say?

And so, like any other sensible human being, I gave my ice cream a voice.

I may scream, you may scream and/or we all may scream for ice cream, but the only thing this bowl of dessert was shrieking was, "I'm melting! Melting!" à la the Wicked Witch in The Wizard of Oz.

And so, like any other rational-minded person, I thought to myself, If other inanimate objects could talk using only movie quotes, what would they say?

Et voilà:

If  ______ could talk, it would say... 

My computer monitor:
"Wipe that face off your head, bitch."
- Darla Marks (Parker Posey), Dazed and Confused 

My radio:
"Turn up the good, turn down the suck!"
- Dean Murdoch (Paul Spence), FUBAR

A glow stick:
"E.T. phone home."
- E.T., E.T.

A toilet:
"The horror...the horror..."
- Kurtz (Marlon Brando), Apocalypse Now

The CN Tower:
"Nobody puts Baby in a corner."
- Johnny Castle (Patrick Swazye), Dirty Dancing

The moon:
"Chlorophyll? More like BOREophyll."
- Billy Madison (Adam Sandler), Billy Madison

Hair gel: 
"Leave the gun. Take the cannoli."
- Richard Castellano (Peter Clemenza), The Godfather

Corn:
"I'll be back."
- The Terminator (Arnold Schwarzenegger), The Terminator


Did I just write all of that? I'll get better soon, I promise.

Your turn.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

one movie suggestion - ECLIPSE!!!! team edward.

your sister's friend in Japan said...

:D
Never thought of applying movie quotes to inanimate objects! :)

Trying to add some but....
You've basically used all classic movie quotes!

My personal favorite the one from Apocalypse now! (Hope that FF Coppola is laughing as much as me)

OK, not as good as yours but....

The vending machine around the corner (I'm not joking some of those really talk!)
Show me the money. Oh-ho-ho! SHOW! ME! THE! MONEY!
-Rod Tidwell - Cuba Gooding Jr. - Jerry Maguire

A ATM (at the end of the month)
"Game over, man! Game over!"
- Hudson (Bill Paxton) - Aliens

2 dedicated to My cell phone
"You had me at 'hello'."
- Doroty Boyd (Renee Zellweger) - Jerry Maguire

"You talkin' to me? You talkin' to me?
Robert De Niro - Taxi Driver

As for recommendations! We're waiting for "Inception" here! Since Toy story 3 is dubbed in Japanese!

Keep on movie-in' us ....

Hilary Marchildon said...

A talking vending machine...I like that! Especially if you have a lot of small coins and it says, "Show me the money!" every time you put a coin in until you have the right change.