Pages

Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Pleased to meet you, hope you guess my name

I have been seduced by the dark side blogosphere.

It seems like everyone and their 'dawg' has a blog these days. And as a former media studies student, I have often felt inclined to jump on the digital bandwagon. But if you reader(s) should know anything about me right off the proverbial bat, it would be this: As far as technoculture is concerned, I am the underdog

Allow me to briefly expand on this brilliantly original sports analogy: I didn't get my first cell phone until the ripe old age of 20, I don't own an "i" anything, and my Facebook friend count remains under 200, yet I still know what it means to tweet, bbm, and podcast, I am always the first to "Google that shit," and YouTube is (sadly) one of my closest friends. In other words, while I may not be an internet sensation yet, I'm still hella good at weaving my way through the interweb.

So fret not, friends (and potential employers creeping on me), I'm completely revved up and ready to get in the game. Watch out for jersey 2.0

Better late than never, right? 

Let's play ball.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Welcome to 2003, Hilary!

Hilary Marchildon said...

Why thank you, r-dawg!